I have a ton of recipes for crepes and I love them but as far as American pancakes go, I love King Arthur’s Gluten Free Pancake mix. I tried many that I mixed the flours for but none I like better than this mix. If you haven’t used it before, I highly recommend it.
I have for you today a wonderful fluffy apple tart made with the exact pancake mix.
Scrumptious Gluten-Free Apple Tart
1 packet King Arthur’s Gluten Free Pancake Mix
2 cups milk
6 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sugar ( or substitute)
1 packet vanilla sugar or 1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp apple spice ( or you can mix your own)
Brown sugar to sprinkle on top.
1 egg( for glaze)
Powdered sugar for serving
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. In a blender ( because the batter is more liquid) mix the eggs, milk, butter, oil, 2 tbsp of sugar, vanilla sugar ( or extract) and blend well.
3. Spray a 12″x15″ cookie sheet pan or line with baking sheet. Pour the batter on top.
4. Wash and core the apples, then cut them into thin slices. Arrange the slices on top of the batter as you overlap them a bit.
5. Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, chopped pecans and apple spice on top. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. After 25 min open the oven and glaze the tart with the beaten egg. Bake another 25-30 min, depending on your oven.
7. When done, take out of the oven and let it rest, then sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.