Very long and complicated title, I know! No time to make it short and it says what the food is, so I guess it will do.
For the longest time I though that the best way to make chicken livers is baked with butter and spices, but that was until I tried this way of preparing them.
You will need:
1 lbs chicken livers
1 cup sliced white onions
1 cup diced green peppers
1/2 cup julienne carrots
1 diced tomato
3 tbsp ( preferably fresh) mint, chopped
1 lager beer
1 tsp paprika
salt, pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
1. Preheat the oven at 400F. Wash and clean thoroughly the chicken livers! Be very careful and if you notice a yellow or green spot anywhere discard them immediately!
2. In a large baking pan spread the chicken livers and put the sliced onions on top.
3. Add the green peppers, carrots, tomatoes and mint.
4. Slowly pour the lager beer on one side of the pan. Try not to “foam” it too much! Then add the paprika, salt and pepper and butter on top.
5. Bake at 400F for 40 min or until done. Serve warm with side of fresh salad, fresh lemon, steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
* On the picture I’ve served with mashed potato flowers, cucumber and onion salad topped with “tomato tulip” stuffed with ricotta cheese, the inside of the tomatoes, garlic and spices salad. If you are interested how I cut the tomatoes, here is a picture up close: