My virtual friend blogger Tannita gave me a big surprise! She organized sort of a raffle on her blog, where we had to guess what her daughter wants for breakfast. My kids and I guessed most of the things and won the raffle. She sent me this beautiful round baking pan, that I just LOVE! I can’t wait to show you all the recipes I have in mind for it!
Anyway, Tannita gave her permission to post her recipes I used for my Christmas cookies in English, and here is the first one-the delicate orange cardamom cookies you saw couple of days ago!
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 cup sifted flour
2 tsp orange zest
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground or crushed cardamom
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp salt
Extra sugar for rolling the cookies in.
Makes total 75 cookies
1. In a large bowl mix the sugar and powdered sugar with the softened butter. Add the egg slowly and beat on medium high until the mix is light and fluffy. Add the orange zest.
2. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Add them to the cookie batter and mix until a very soft dough is formed.
* If you dough is too soft and sticky, you can add 2-3 tbsp flour, but have in mind that the dough has to be VERY soft and pliable!)
3. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and leave it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven at 350F.
Make small balls with diameter 3/4 inch diameter and roll them in a bowl full of crystal sugar. Place them on a greased cookie sheet and press with the bottom of the glass or cup until they look like a thin biscuit.
5. Bake for 10-13 min or until golden on top. Do not over bake them! Wait a minute after you take them out of the oven and with the help of a kitchen spatula transfer them to a cooling rack.
The Recipe in Bulgarian/Рецептата може да прочетете на български тук.
Thank you Tannita for the awesome recipe!
I hope you all enjoy it as much as my family did!
Happy holidays everyone!