This is unbelievably easy recipe that I haven’t made in a long time!
Today I had some fresh spinach and I decided to make “banitsa” for dinner but I wanted it to be different than the usual one I make. So I chose the triangular shape and made a filling from eggs, feta cheese, spinach and butter. I hope you like the pictures, I am trying to learn how to do it properly, not much of a success but a lot better than it was 🙂
1 package phyllo dough
2 cups grated feta cheese( you can also mash it with a fork if you want)
8 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 package of baby spinach
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F degrees.Rinse really well the spinach, then cut it in small pieces. In a preheated pan saute the baby spinach with the vegetable oil.
2. Add the eggs and feta cheese and stir for a couple of minutes ( until all the water is gone and the eggs are getting stiff enough to serve with a spoon).
3. Cut each phyllo sheets into two long pieces. Brush the long pieces with butter, then at one end of each piece add a 1 tablespoon full of spinach mixture. Start folding in triangular shape ( every time you have to have a right triangle that helps keep the mixture inside)
4. Place the triangles on a greased cookie sheet or pan and bake on 350F until golden in color( around 15-20 minutes).
5. Serve warm with a piece of cheese, yogurt or milk.
P.S By the way I am starting to prepare the cake for the October cake challenge, wish me luck!