For the cake
1/2 cup butter
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
5 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup sifted coconut flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
( 1/2 cup chocolate chips)
For the filling:
1/2 packet cream cheese
1 cup Nutella
For the topping:
fresh fruit ( in this case strawberries)
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Chill the coconut milk in the can in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F and melt the chocolate and butter together.
3. Sift the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together.
4. In a mixer beat the eggs, the sugar and the vanilla.
5. Mix the dry and wet ingredients, then stir in the melted chocolate/butter mixture and fold in the chocolate chips , then pour into two 8 inch cake pans.
6. Bake on 350F for 30 min ( or until done).
7. Let the cake cool and prepare the filling and topping.
* When you leave the cake in the fridge, the cream cheese ganache will thicken. My kids couldn’t wait, so we cut it right away and you can tell the ganache is soft in the picture. But if you can wait, let it stay an hour or so before you cut.
8. In a mixer bowl beat the cream cheese and Nutella. Spread it between the two layers.
9.Then open the coconut milk can and scoop only the creamy part. Save the water for something else. Beat the coconut milk until it resembles whipped cream.
10. Assemble the cake with the filling, spread the topping on top and add the fruit. You can use fruit glaze to preserve the fruit better.